We treat any personal information that you provide us, or that we obtain from you, in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR. Under this regulation, we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. Any amendments to this policy will continue to be in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR.
We collect the personal data that you volunteer on forms which you submit to us (including but not limited to registration, feedback and survey), and in e-mails which you send to us.
We may collect the following information:
- Parents/guardians, child(ren)'s and connected persons names
- Child(ren)'s date of birth
- Contact information including email addresses
- Demographic information such as postal addresses including postcode
- Bank details when necessary
- Parent's/guardian's National Insurance number when applying for the Nursery Education Funding
- Information that is relevant for admittance and attendance of a child at Pathfield Nursery
We may also receive it from another organisation, for example, should we be required to work with social services.
We do not sell, trade or rent your information to other parties. Your personal information will be used only for the purposes of communicating with you in relation to our services or for any other purposes for which you have given your consent.
We do not disclose your personal information to any third parties without your permission, except insofar as you have consented to such disclosure or we are required to do so by law for information such as court order, witness summons, or complaint by governmental authorities.
There are some example when we need to share personal information about you and/or your child with third parties. These are:
- If your child is entitled to Nursery Education Funding, we are required to share your personal details with the Local Authority in order to identify your child and prove entitlement to funding.
- From time to time, we receive request for information from schools, government departments, the police and other enforcement agencies. If there is a proper legal basis for sharing your personal information, we will provide it to the organisation that is asking for it.
- We may on rare occasions use your personal information for the purposes of recovery of overdue fees.
- In case of an emergency, we may need to share with the emergency services details of your child including details of any medical conditions as provided to us by you.
The Holding of Information
We are required by law to keep certain personal information including registers, medication and accident record books pertaining to the children for seven years after the child has left Pathfield Nursery.
We will only use and store your personal information in the United Kingdom.
Any information obtained is securely held by Pathfield Nursery.
We will process your personal information in line with GDPR. This means that we will:
- only collect and store information we need
- keep your personal information up to date and accurate
- take appropriate steps to protect your personal information from being used without permission, or illegally, and to safeguard your rights
- destroy your personal information in a secure way once we no longer need it
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the GDPR. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please ask the manager.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.